The purpose of the Education committee is to create resources and initiatives to assist Rotarians, Rotary Clubs and Rotary International in creating an inclusive, understanding and welcoming community, fostering goodwill and peace, and realising a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for LGBT+ people.
- Develop initiatives to promote understanding and inclusion of the LGBT+ community and allyship in Rotary
- Increase awareness and visibility of intersectionality within the LGBT+ community
- Work with RI to encourage inclusion of LGBT people within Rotary and provide information resources of relevance to LGBT+ people and allies
- Organise materials and logistics for a booth at the annual Rotary International Convention
- Deliver on actions under the strategic plan
- Provide a report of committee activities to the Board of Directors at their monthly meetings
Tips to attract a diverse membership
Watch the video below from the 2020 Virtual Rotary Convention where the Fellowship provides tips to build a strong, inclusive culture in your club.
Download education resources
‘I’ is for intersex, not invisible While many of us recognise the “I” in LGBTIQ+, it seems fewer know what being intersex actually means. Read this informative article published about the Australian Intersex community. What is Intersex? Intersex...
As I have started to share my ideas, opinions and stories about LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse, queer, and questioning) inclusion in Rotary, I have heard so many of our leaders say to me: “We’re a really decent club/district. We don’t...
Watch the video from the 2020 Virtual Rotary Convention where the Fellowship provides tips to build a strong, inclusive culture in your club.
to submit a resource or join the education committee