The service team is up and running for 2021-22 being lead by Aleksei Bondarenko-Edwards (Australia) and Wen Yue Huang (Taiwan). The purpose of the Service committee is to work with Rotary Action Groups, Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation, Rotary Districts, Rotary Clubs, and other members of the Rotary Family to develop and support service projects that impact and benefit the LGBT+ community.
Throughout 2021-22 the service committee hopes to:
- Develop resources for inclusive service project design (the inclusion tool will be a starting point for this)
- Highlight work that is already happening by Rotary, Rotaract and Interact clubs and Rotary Action Groups to support LGBT+ communities
- Spotlight on homelessness as a key issue facing LGBT+ communities and actions Rotary clubs could take to combat (perhaps even through a hands-on project at convention)
- Develop a matching grants program for service projects that support LGBT+ communities
- Develop an awards program for clubs that work with LGBT+ communities to be presented at Convention
If you would like to be involved in the activities of the service committee, contact the team.